This is a past event. Looking for the new event? Learn more
Call for Proposals (CFP) for 2022 is closed
Sorry, submissions are no longer possible.
Every great event starts with great speakers. Whether you’re new to public speaking or as experienced as it gets, we’d love to hear your Postgres and/or Citus stories.
Citus Con: An Event for Postgres is free, virtual, and global developer event. You might even call it a distributed event. No travel is involved. And yes, there is a code of conduct. To make things easy for you, we’ll take care of the video recording and production, both for the livestream and on-demand talks. Talks are 25 minutes long and in English.
Some important dates & deadlines
- Dec 07, 2021 – Call for proposals (CFP) opens
- Feb 06, 2022 – CFP closes @ 11:59pm PT
- Feb 15, 2022 – Speakers notified
- Mar 01, 2022 – Schedule & sessions announced
- Week of Mar 21st, 2022 – Pre-record the videos for on-demand talks
- Apr 12-13, 2022 – Citus Con happens!
Topics we’d like to see in this
Here’s a list of topics we’re hoping to see at Citus Con: An Event for Postgres
- How you run your app on Postgres on Azure
- Citus open source user stories
- Scaling out Postgres with Hyperscale (Citus)
- How you use other Postgres extensions, like PostGIS, pg_cron, HLL, t-digest, pg_auto_failover, postgres_fdw, & so many more
- New innovations in Postgres
- Postgres community
- Generally interesting Postgres knowledge
- Data modeling and SQL best practices
- Tips for building your application on Azure Database for PostgreSQL
- Techniques for using Postgres at any scale with Citus—from single-node to a distributed cluster
- Migrating to Postgres on Azure
- Monitoring tools for Postgres on Azure
- Postgres performance (including analytics and time series workloads)
- Azure ecosystem integrations with Postgres
- Using Postgres with Python and Django applications
How to submit talk proposals for Citus Con
We’d love to hear your story and we thank you for considering our CFP! For our call for speakers, you can submit a proposal on Sessionize. The submission will ask for things like:
- Session title & description
- Bio details
- Permission to share your bio info & video of your talk online
- Timezone in which you reside, including UTC offset (for scheduling)
- Bit of background on you, your qualifications, your speaking experience, links to other talks/videos, if they exist
February will be here before we know it. As a reminder, the CFP will close on Sunday Feb 06, 2022 at 11:59pm PT.
Many thanks to our talk selection team members who will be reviewing your Citus Con talk proposals. Each of Alicja, Charles, Claire, and Marco bring different types of experience and expertise to the table, derived from their Postgres and Citus work in the open source & cloud database ecosystems. What they have in common: they all love Postgres.
PostgreSQL expert & EMEA open source data specialist at Microsoft
Enterprise data architect & Azure Database for PostgreSQL customer at Kantar Media
Head of Citus open source & Postgres community initiatives at Microsoft
Technical lead for Citus open source in the Postgres team at Microsoft
Citus Con: An Event for Postgres will be carbon negative in 2022
Digital events have an environmental impact too. Citus Con: An Event for Postgres is estimated to produce about 1.033 metric tons of CO2 in 2022, including both the event’s production and attendees streaming live and on-demand. We’re partnering with Tradewater to fully offset the carbon emissions from the Citus Con event in 2022 and then more—becoming carbon negative! Tradewater is a mission-based company focused on the collection and destructions of the most potent greenhouse gases ever made to help prevent a climate crisis. Visit their website to understand your impact by calculating your carbon footprint and join the fight against climate crisis through the purchase of high impact offset credits.
The Postgres and Citus team at Microsoft is proud to be the host of Citus Con: An Event for Postgres.