Did you know Citus is available on Microsoft Azure? This is the definitive blog about Hyperscale (Citus) on Azure Database for PostgreSQL.
Citus enables companies to consolidate their database infrastructure by using a single database to combine powerful analytics with scalable operations on large volumes of data. Citus let's you ingest terabytes of data every day in real-time. Simultaneously, it powers ad-hoc analytics on terabytes of data with sub-second responses.
Citus reduces the complexity and cost of your scalable database infrastructure through features such as:
- Massively parallel processing for powerful SQL analytics
- Real-time inserts/updates on distributed database tables
- Dynamic scalability on commodity hardware with ability to easily add or remove nodes
- JSON and structured data in one database
- PostgreSQL expressiveness and familiarity
Citus eliminates the need for complex infrastructures with costly ETL processes. It streamlines your real-time performance by running fast analytics on real-time data with no latency due to data transfer.