Citus Cloud - SLA
This Citus Cloud Service Level Agreement ("SLA") is a policy governing the use of the Citus Cloud, a managed service offering operation on top of Amazon Web Services, under the terms of the Citus Cloud customer agreement Citus Data, Inc. and and users of Citus Cloud services ("you"). We reserve the right to change the terms of this SLA in accordance with the Terms of Service.
Citus will use commercially reasonable efforts to make "high availability" formations available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage (defined below) of at least 99.9% during any monthly billing cycle (the "Service Commitment"). In the event Citus Cloud does not meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage commitment, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
- "Monthly Uptime Percentage" for a given high availability cluster is calculated by subtracting from 100% the percentage of 1 minute periods during the monthly billing cycle in which the high availability cluster was "Unavailable". If you have been running that high availability cluster for only part of the month, your high availability cluster instance is assumed to be 100% available for the portion of the month that it was not running. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any Citus Cloud Exclusion (defined below).
- "high availability" means a Citus Cloud formation where the user has specified to run in highly available mode (which runs stand-bys for failover) for all nodes in the cluster.
- "Unavailable" means that all connection requests to the running high availability cluster fail during a 1 minute period. If only a portion of your high availability cluster is unavailable, the percentage of nodes that are down within your cluster will be applied in a proportional manner relative to the size of your overall cluster. If your coordinator node is down, the unavailability will be applied to the full cluster.
- A "Service Credit" is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth below, that we may credit back to an eligible account.
- Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the charges paid by you for the high availability cluster that did not meet the Monthly Uptime Percentage commitment in a billing cycle in accordance with the schedule below.
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.9% but equal to or greater than 99.0%||15%|
|Less than 99.0%||30%|
We will apply any Service Credits only against the current billing cycle in which they occur. Service Credits will not entitle you to any refund or other payment from Citus.
The service commitement does not apply to any account suspension or termination or when unavailability occurs as a result of:
- factors outside of our reasonable control, including any force majeure event or Internet access or related problems beyond the demarcation point of Citus' operation on top of AWS; or
- that result from any voluntary actions, inactions, or explicit direction for Citus to act on your behalf to cause unavailability (e.g., rebooting a database instance, scaling compute capacity, not scaling storage when the storage is full, misconfiguring credential settings, etc.); or
- usage of the "Dev" plan; or
- that result from any maintenance as provided for pursuant to the Citus Cloud Agreement