At Citus we love our jobs, we sweat the details, and we are building an awesome team to grow our company and raise awareness about the worry-free Postgres database that is Citus.
Our mission is to delight our customers and make it so they never have to worry about scaling their database again.
We reach future customers by writing great posts & distributing them well, creating useful content, optimizing our website, running digital marketing campaigns, amplifying on social media, giving talks at conferences, and spreading the word at events. We help people understand the jobs Citus can be hired for through clear, no-fluff marketing and education.
Citus is looking for an experienced content marketer to join the Citus team, where you’ll play an important role in accelerating our growth.
Does this sound like you?
- Do you love helping people understand how technology can help them solve their problems?
- Are you a product marketing manager who really enjoys creating content that helps people understand how products & technology can help them?
- Do you enjoy writing, words, wordplay, and storytelling? Do you think words matter?
- Do you believe it’s important to make content easy to scan as well easy to read, to make it possible for readers to get the gist of a story even when they are in a hurry?
- Create compelling marketing content that helps people understand what the Citus distributed database can do for them—content such as blog posts, presentations, web pages, case studies, sketchnotes, contributed articles, social media posts, and newsletters.
- Create emails that people find useful & informative—emails that create engagement between future customers & Citus.
- Collaborate with designers to create marketing content that effectively combines words with visual design to tell a story, including signage, print collateral, datasheets, display advertising, social media graphics, & infographics.
- Edit blog posts & presentations authored by other Citans to raise the bar on the whole team’s storytelling skills.
We’re looking for someone with
- Ability to breakdown complicated technical concepts into clear and digestible form.
- Strong writing & information architecture skills—whether creating content for web, print, email, advertising, or signage.
- Empathy for customers and developers—so that you create content that is clear and readable, heavy on signal and low on noise.
- A strong desire to delight customers with the right combination of message, words, information architecture, and visual design.
- A self starter attitude—if you see something that can add value, you take initiative and dig in.
- A focus on delivering results.
- Great project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, keep projects on track, and set expectations about timing of deliverables.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills. This role requires you to work with colleagues in all parts the company including marketing, product management, engineering, and sales.
- Strong technical background, a degree in computer science, or several years of relevant work experience in the tech industry.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience in a technology company that can span product marketing, content marketing, product management, software engineering, or strategy consulting.
- 4+ years of experience in product marketing, content marketing, or segment marketing in a technology company.
- Experience with databases and writing SQL and Postgres experience is a definite plus.
At Citus, our US team is located in San Francisco’s SOMA district within walking distance to Caltrain and to the ballpark. And we have some great benefits. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch 3 days/week, plus a fully-stocked kitchen
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- In-office bicycle storage
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun monthly events for Citans in SF and Istanbul
Apply now by sending your resume to [email protected]