Citus is a scalable, robust, open source SQL database capable of real-time queries. It is integrated with Postgres and made available on-demand via Citus Cloud.
You would be joining to build Citus Cloud. You are conscientious, sincere, and empathetic in your work. You are committed to being helpful to customers in your software designs. At the same time, you are balanced, being imaginative, discerning, and inventive to control engineering costs. We welcome applicants of various experience levels.
You may choose to help foster the Citus open source community, contribute to the engineering blog, and participate in conferences on behalf of Citus Data.
Recently, we have implemented features like:
- High Availability: you will improve and maintain this key component in both failure and upgrade scenarios.
- A Customer Console: the web application whereby a user can purchase and monitor databases.
- Two-Factor Authentication: security is a high priority for us. You will need to develop or maintain good personal and software security practices.
- Disaster Recovery: even when most else fails, we can recover nearly all customer data.
- Point-in-time Recovery: fork your existing cluster from a point in the past to recover deleted data.
Day to day, you will be working these technologies. We also have experienced staff to mentor you on techniques you are unfamiliar with:
- Ruby: we take advantage of its expressiveness and testing capabilities, and we are challenged to mitigate its weaknesses in memory footprint and parallelism.
- Linux: it is used as the deployment platform. You will use its features to assess bugs and performance issues.
- Postgres: it is both the database Citus integrates with, as well as the database used for Citus Cloud's services.
- Git and Github: you will submit changes and send and receive code reviews through these tools.
Citus is supportive of the material needs of employees, offering a fair salary, health care benefits and flexible work scheduling.
We seek to nurture a transparent, inclusive company. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.